LEAKY GUT SYNDROME
If you suffer from:
- Abdominal pain
- Heartburn/ GORD
- Food intolerances
- Immune issues
- Autoimmunity especially coeliac disease
- Chronic constipation and/or diarrhoea
You may have LEAKY GUT syndrome or increased intestinal permeability.
It is a condition that is thought to result from the deterioration of the bowel, intestine, or gut lining: Think of the gut lining like a sieve; those tiny holes are actually called “tight junctions” and they allow fully digested food particles to get absorbed into your body to be used for fuel/body repair/restoration, etc. But the intestinal lining can be damaged by a number of things (see below), which can cause it to become inflamed. Essentially the tight junctions become loose and the sieve is now a colander. This in turn can affect the normal absorption of nutrients and overall digestive health.
Contact Us To ORDER YOUR LEAKY GUT TEST KIT NOW – 07 55647839
This is an easy urine test that is completed in the privacy of your own home and will indicate if a leaky gut is your problem. The price includes postage to the lab and a comprehensive personalised report and treatment and dietary recommendations.
Did you know that of the DNA that makes up you, 95% is foreign in the form of micro-organisms that live in and one you (feeling a bit creepy right now?!), what I like to call “the good”, “the bad”, and “the ugly”. Of course, we want more of the good guys who make our happy hormones such as serotonin and many of our vitamins such as Bs, E, and K.
Before your body allows anything to be absorbed, it has to pass through “the guards” in the form of a vigorous and vigilant immune system – in fact – 70 – 80% of the immune system sits behind the gut lining. Increased permeability of the gut allows bacteria, toxins, and food to leak into the bloodstream via the cells of the gut lining, and the guards go into full alert and the body’s immune system becomes compromised. Leaking toxins can also damage the liver, which can become overworked and lead to allergies. Valuable nutrients and other blood components may be also be lost, which over time will result in an individual becoming run down and lethargic. The hyper-vigilant immune system can also turn upon itself and autoimmunity results!
Causes of Leaky Gut Syndrome
The following factors may be involved in the onset of the leaky gut syndrome:
- Stress – you can’t be digesting food when you are fighting tigers and essentially the entire gastrointestinal tract slows down allowing the bad bacteria to grow – a bit like weeds in a neglected veggie garden- which causes inflammation of that lining!
- Alcohol in excess stresses the entire digestive system.
- Diets high in refined sugars – feeds the bad gut bacteria.
- Parasitic infections of the gut – cause inflammation of the intestional lining.
- Candida fungal infections – cause inflammation of the intestional lining.
- Over-use of aspirin and NSAIDs- erodes the gut lining.
- Antibiotics – can kill good gut bacteria and allow the weeds to grow.
SO WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?
As in all aspects of the body, your gut wants to be well, so following an integrated gut detoxification program and some dietary modifications, you will get the pain out of your tummy and the spring back in your step!
Once YOU have established that you have a leaky gut, we will send you a comprehensive report complete with dietary and lifestyle modifications to get you back on the road to good health.